Glebe Markets is temporarily closed.
We are currently taking a break and will let you know when we are back. Check here for up to date information.
Statement by Glebe Markets
- We sincerely thank all our stallholders and customers for their support over the last 31 years.
- Glebe Markets is and always has been owned and operated by my family’s company, Off Broadway Pty Ltd.
- The trade mark Glebe Markets is also owned by Off-Broadway.
- The company was started by my parents and my mother was the Market’s original manager. I became the manager in 2013.
- Off-Broadway has always leased the land on which the markets sat from the NSW Department of Education. The Department does not own the Glebe Markets business or the trade mark.
- My wife and I have simply decided to retire and so a decision was made to close Glebe Markets at its current address and offer the business for sale. Glebe Markets may appear at a different address in the future. The business has not been sold.
- The Department is entitled to offer new markets at the current address but, neither the Department nor any so-called “interim manager” are operating or “saving” Glebe Markets. Any suggestion that Glebe Markets is continuing at the current address is incorrect and misleading.
Thank you for your understanding and support. It has been a great honour to operate Glebe Markets knowing that you appreciate the unique nature of what we created.
a slice of
Don’t miss these excellent artists and events at Glebe Markets.
Error: API requests are being delayed. New posts will not be retrieved for at least 5 minutes.