Would you like to be a Stallholder?
Glebe Markets is now one of the longest running markets in Sydney. It is situated in Glebe and is very much an inner city market in style. It is a vibrant, lively place, where stallholders can sell a wide range of products. Its inner city location, close to the CBD, ensures a stream of customers. There is a growing interest in distinctive, innovative and creative designs, particularly in clothing and accessories. It is also a great place to trial a new product and establish a small business. Many online businesses find Glebe Markets an important way to show a public face.
How much does a stall cost & what's the size?
Stall price is for the space only and does not include tent or tables.
- 2.4m x 2.4m stall at $104.
- 3m x 3m stall at $115.
- Corner Stalls extra $5
- Tables are an additional $10 each. Table size 2.1m x 90cm
- Corner stalls extra $5
Regular Stalls (monthly's and permanents)
We have 2 stall sizes to choose from:
- 2.4m x 2.4m stall at $94
- 3m x 3m stall at $104
- Corner Stalls extra $5
Note: Some variation does occur in pricing for corner stalls and prime locations.
(We don't supply tents. Please be aware that a 3m x 3m tent will not be allowed in a 2.4m x 2.4m stall site)
How do I book a Casual Stall?
There are two types of Casual Stalls:
Pre-paid online bookings:
Online bookings can be done through this website and the stall chosen and paid for in one simple process (see above).
Using the online booking system you can select a date, look and select a stall from our bookings map and finally pay for it. After that you simply need to arrive and go straight to your stall on the day to set up.
You can book for any available dates listed when you go into the bookings area.
On line booking gives a guaranteed stall for the day you book. On the day of your booking you must be in your stall by 9am otherwise we will assume you are not coming and you will forfeit your stall.
Please be aware that once you have made a paid booking there is no refund or transfer for change of mind. If you are not sure about being able to come on a particular date we suggest you use the Stand-by method.
This method proves to be very reliable however officially it doesn’t offer the 100% guarantee that pre-paying online does. However it does still offer a strong likelihood of getting a stall on the day. No booking is necessary for this method you simply arrive and line up.
- When: Line up 6.30am
- Where: Derby Place laneway near the "no smoking", "no dogs"sign. Line up on the footpath against the school fence. (see map)
Did my booking go through?
If you haven’t paid or if you haven’t received a receipt then you haven’t got a booking.
Check this information below to see if you can find the answer to your problem.
The booking system has an inbuilt safety mechanism that will hold the stall for 30 minutes while it waits for the bank to complete the transaction. If it doesn’t receive the money in 30 minutes then it will cancel the booking.
You should check your bank account to see if money has come out or not.
- Screen freezes and internet dropping out are a common problem and unfortunately leave a lot of confusion. If you haven’t paid then defiantly go ahead and make another booking as the first attempt will have been unsuccessful.
- Another area where people have a problem is in the “Category” choice. You must choose a category or it will only send us an email inquiry but will not make a booking.
- A third problem that people encounter is that someone else is looking at the same stall and one person just gets in before the other person.
- Speed of internet connection may be the reason you can not book. The bank security will prevent you from getting into the bank if your internet is slow. If you are using wi-fi then this is common. Try using your phone data or a computer connected to the internet rather than wi-fi.
If you have waited the 30 mins and gone back into the system to check if your name is still in the stall or not and found that your name is no longer there then you don’t have a booking and you should go ahead and make another booking.
What can I do if the online bookings are full?Stand-by instructions.
Demand can be high and the week you choose may be booked out online.
If so, you can still get a stall by arriving early and lining up for a Stand-by stall.
No booking is required and this is available every Saturday. This method provides stalls for those who don't know to book online or tried to book and it was booked out. It is also excellent if you are unsure if you can commit to a particular date.
Arrive and line up before 7am in Derby place lane way on the footpath along the school fence. If you look at our map it is where the "Derby Pl entry" bubble points.
At 7am David will come and take your names on a list.
He will instruct you on what time to come back. It in normally 9am so you will have time to go and have some breakfast or a coffee.
On returning the group will be taken by the staff and offered any available stalls. When you get a stall you pay for it then. The person at the front of the queue will be offered a stall first and then we will work through the list in order.
Even if it is booked out, some people will fail to come and those stalls are available to Stand-by.
The prices are the same as the casual prices ( see above for Stall Costs).
How do I get a Regular Stall?
A Regular Stall is a great advantage. Aside from an easier and more relaxed arrival each morning as you already have your own stall to go to, the main reason for having a regular stall is that your customers know where to find you and you can then build your repeat customer base. The regular stalls in Glebe Markets are called Monthly stalls. This name comes not from how often they come for their stall, but from how they pay their stall fees...monthly.
This is your own regular fixed stall site. A Monthly Stallholder has the advantage of a fixed regular position, so customers can get to know where to find you. “Return purchasers” are very valuable assets. Monthly stallholders pay stall site fees monthly in advance. This means that because they know their stall site location there is no need to queue or book on line each week. Their stalls are held for them until 9am, after which the market management reserves the right to re-allocate their stall site.
Monthly stall holders also have a free listing on the very popular Glebe Markets website.
Can I do a One Off Stall?
One off stalls are available every week. Glebe Markets actively encourages One Off Garage Sale stalls because they add an element of fun. Shoppers love to rummage for bargains in these stalls. Follow the options for a Casual Stall explained above and click the link to pay and choose your stall online.
What can I sell at Glebe Markets?
Most products are acceptable at Glebe Markets, there are some particular exceptions.
Products that may not be sold at Glebe Markets include live birds or animals, fakes or copies of designer brand names goods (new and second hand), weapons, items associated with the illegal use of drugs, or other items that the market management may consider unsuitable for the market. No offensive, counterfeit or unauthorised products may be sold.
Edible products can not be sold at stalls booked via the online booking system with out permission of the management.
Food stall sites:
These sites are under high demand at Glebe, and availability it restricted. You will need to discuss any potential food product with market management. Please inquire via email.
Information for First Time Stallholders
How to book?
Simply click on the link above to select the date you want, choose and secure the stall you want, and pay. It makes arrival and set up easy with no need to queue. Staff can help you find the stall you have chosen. Easy!
Costs of stalls:
Please check the casual stall prices in the how much does a stall cost section above, plus the pricing as you enter to book through our online booking system.
Terms and Conditions
It is important that you view our terms and conditions before booking. This link provides a wide range of information for set-up on the day.
What time do I arrive?
- If you have pre-paid online then arrive and go to your chosen stall before 9am.
- If you don’t wish to pre-pay online guaranteeing yourself a stall for the date you choose, you can arrive on Saturday at 6.30am onwards and put your name down for the Stand-by list. Once you have put your name down for a Stand-by stall there will be some delay before you choose your stall.
Where do I go when I arrive?
- We have 2 unloading zones. Derwent st (7am onwards) unloading zone and Derby Place (7am-7.45am only) unloading zone. Market staff can assist you with finding your stall and other questions.
- All loading zones are 10 minutes only.
- It is vital that you remove your car and park it at Sydney University for the day. This is only a short walk away. Use the pay and display parking meters at Sydney Uni costing $6 all day. There is a parking ticket machine in the Fisher library car park. It is located near the lifts. You will need a physical ticket to claim the refund from us.We will give you $4 if you return your ticket at the end of the day when you go to pack up.
Are tents provided?
When you hire a stall you are paying for the empty space only. You need to provide what ever you want for that stall eg tent, umbrella, chairs, clothing racks. You can hire tables for $10 each. These are a ply wood trestle table. You will probably want to bring something to cover the table with as they are very plain.
Market times, parking & wet weather information
- The Market is open every Saturday unless it coincides with Christmas Day.
- Gates open at 7am for unloading in Derby Place and Derwent St unloading areas.
- Loading Zone times: Derby Place 7.00 - 7.45 All cars to be out before 8am. Derwent st from 7.00am. Afternoon- Derby place to open at 4.15pm for loading. Derwent St-any time. All cars out by 5.30pm.
- All loading zones are 10 minutes only.
- Follow the direction of market staff to unloading and check-in areas
- Once you have unloaded, then take your car to Sydney University for all day parking. Use the metered parking in Sydney University and we will give you $4 of the $6 cost for all day parking there at the end of the day. Within the grounds of Sydney University obey all traffic/parking directions. There is a meter in the Fisher library car park. You will need a physical ticket to get the refund from us.
- Obey all normal traffic rules when accessing the market and unloading areas: do not double park, do no illegal U-turns or obstruct the flow of traffic in Glebe Point Rd or Derby Place during set-up and pack-up times. Do not put your car on the footpath.
- The market operates every Saturday. It does not close. In wet weather the market still operates. Often overcast days fine up to become beautiful and stallholders say these sort of days repeatedly give a good turnover of trade. Likewise, Sydney weather varies from suburb to suburb and often when it is foul on the coast it is fine at Glebe. Be aware...there is no refund or transfer of any monies paid if you change your mind and decide not to come to the market once you have made a booking.
Refund and transfer policy
Do I need Public Liability Insurance?
The market does not provide Public Liability or product Liability Insurance for stallholders, so you will need to source your own insurance. You are not covered by our insurance.
All stalls selling any sort of orally consumed product will require public and product liability to trade. Stalls selling skincare or makeup or performing massage or beauty services like facials etc will need public and product liability as well.
While we highly recommend that all stallholders take out public liability insurance it is not a requirement for having a stall.